CONFERENCE DAY 3
October 31st 2017
All Workshops will provide approved Continuing Education Hours "CE" for LEED professionals and GBCI Accreditations under the Credential Maintenance Program "CMP"
GREEN KEY CERTIFICATION FOR HOTELS IN QATAR
Instructors:Finn Bolding Thomsen, International Green Key Director
Hamoda Youssef, LEED Faculty, AP BD+C, WELL Faculty,AP, GSAS-CGP
Head of Communications, Qatar Green Building Council
Timing: 08:00 - 13:00
Fee: 300 QR per delegate
The Green Key certification is the leading standard for excellence in the field of environmental responsibility and sustainable operation within the tourism industry. This prestigious ecolabel represents a commitment by businesses that their premises adhere to the strict criteria set by the Foundation for Environmental Education. Green Key Eco-Label is awarded to more than 2,500 hotels in 55 countries. The workshop will provide an in-depth overview about the Green Key advantages, certification scheme, process and means of applying the Eco-Label for hotels in Qatar.
- Define and understand the main criteria of the Green Key certification
- Understand the Green Key application process
- Identify means of applying Green Key in Qatar.
- Plan for key considerations and requirements for certification documentation.
13:45 - 17:00 One to One Sessions
- book your time slot to have a 30 minutes session with the instructors to discuss further details related to your establishment
- Pre booking is required. contact Hamoda Youssef, email@example.com for further details.
MAKING THE CASE: SUSTAINABILITY MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING FOR ORGANIZATIONS
Instructors: Sustainability Excellence
Timing: 08:00 - 17:00
Fee: 1000 QR per delegate
The workshop aims to significantly enhance the ability of participants to make the business case for sustainability at the most senior levels in their organizations, and to activate sustainability reporting.
Context: QGBC conference participants typically have a sound sense of the business case for green buildings. However, they may find it challenging to secure management sign-off on those initiatives, or to encourage their organization to take on a more comprehensive approach to sustainability that includes greater investment in green buildings. Many participants would also like to see their organizations publicly report their sustainability performance, which not only generates business benefits but also encourages greater investment in sustainability initiatives.
The workshop will be delivered in an interactive manner, engaging participating to relate concepts to their own organizations and sectors. Where possible, real examples will be shared to demonstrate the theoretical ideas. The focus will be on practical messages, tools and steps that participants can easily start implementing in their own organizations.
- Define the key messages for building the business case for sustainability
- Develop or further improve the business case for sustainability within their own organizations
- Understand the key components of the GRI Standards for sustainability reporting
- Identify key steps organizations must take to be able to start the sustainability reporting journey
- Align sustainability management and reporting to Qatar National Vision
Sustainability Excellence is a regional leader in the implementation and development of world-class sustainability strategies, reporting and capacity building programs. Sustainability Excellence supported the Ministry of Energy and Industry’s highly successful Qatar Energy and Industry Sector Program, and worked with dozens of organizations in Qatar including Qatar Petroleum and KAHRAMAA, several major banks, and many major companies including QAFAC, Qatalum, and others. Sustainability Excellence is a key global partner of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the world’s leading standards for sustainability reporting, and GRI’s only regional data partner. Of all companies, government entities and non-profits issuing sustainability reports in the Arab region, nearly half are past or present clients.