Green Home Design Study with CFD Simulation - Webinar
Milad Mafi, Product Marketing Manager, SimScale
Hamoda Youssef, LEED Faculty, AP BD+C, WELL Faculty,AP, GSAS-CGP, Head of Communications, Qatar Green Building Council
September 24th, 2018
Venue: online webinar
Timing: 07:00 pm Doha time
A CFD simulation tool can help engineers in predicting and optimizing the performance of HVAC systems and buildings in the early stage of the design process. This can be especially beneficial for the planning of green building projects where sustainable design, optimized energy performance, and air comfort play a crucial role in obtaining a LEED certification.
In the context of the Word Green Building Week, SimScale and Qatar Green Building Council (QGBC) are organizing a free webinar about the application of fluid flow simulation (CFD) in the planning of sustainable, green residential buildings. The course is tailored to the needs of HVAC Design Engineers and Building and Sustainability Engineers.
There is no prior knowledge or software required to join this webinar. All participants will get free access to SimScale with all the required simulation features.
- Identify the main principals for passive design for green buildings.
- Understand the fundamentals and potential of CFD for green building design projects
- Learn how to integrate cloud-based simulation to ensure compliance with LEED and ASHRAE standard
- Define the fundamentals of fluid flow simulation and how it can be used to meet the requirements of the LEED green building rating system
Who Should Attend
Fees per attendee:
- Mechanical, HVAC, Building, and Sustainability Engineers whose design work is impacted by ventilation, air comfort, and energy efficiency
- Professionals who want to understand the benefits of engineering simulation for the planning of green home design projects
- Engineers interested in obtaining a certification and LEED CE hours.
- Everyone interested in learning how cloud-based simulation will impact green homes in the future
Receive a certificate of attendance and LEED CE hours accredited by the Qatar Green Building Council (QGBC).
- free to attend online sessions